Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 22, 2014

We're all mad here!


Hi everyone. It's Bonnie here today with a fun mixed media piece I created to help me blow off a little frustration. I don't know about you but, for me, this works every time...have a little play, get a little messy, make myself smile, and feel a lot better! I began with a mop up page covered with Dylusions sprays in Postbox Red and Pure Sunshine. I keep a pad of  6x8 inch mixed media paper beside my work space and when I have leftover ink or paint on my craft sheet, I use a piece to mop up the extra. Then I'm not wasting and it provides a jump off point for another project.


I loved the mix of the colours and the bits of white peeking through but there was a large uncoloured chunk at the bottom so I tore off a piece of Authentique's dotty Classique Elegant 12 paper and added it to the bottom. The piece that I trimmed off of that became the strip I added to the top edge. Using Wendy Vecchi's Red Geranium Archival ink and a mini ink blender, I stencilled TCW's Art Is pattern here and there. I also pounced black gesso through TCW's Mini Texturized stencil. More black gesso was used to create the bottle top rings as well.


In order to add some sparkle and shine that would catch the light without detracting from the background, I scraped Art Anthology Frost Sorbet Dimensional paint through TCW's Netting stencil, First time I used it and it is gorgeous and will likely live on my desk, an honour reserved for only my favourite products that I use all the time. It picked up a little of the Dylusions ink and was a dream to spread giving me crisp stencilling.


The rabbit and clock images, purchased on Etsy, were fussy cut and then edged with Black Big Brush pen. Both were adhered to the background with Gel Medium. Once dry, the hoop and stick were outlined with silver metallic gel pen. Two Idea-ology pen nibs were adhered to the clock face with Glossy Accents. Two other embellies, Wendy Vecchi's Blossom Bucket Stars, were added to the top left corner to give a little more visual weight there.


The sentiment was computer generated, printed on white cardstock, and matted in black. The word MAD was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. All words were popped up on foam tape for dimension and to create shadow. To finish off the piece, Black Soot Distress ink and Black Big Brush pen were used around the outside edges.

Thanks for joining Ms. March Hare and me today. We do appreciate your fine company and hope that you gained a little inspiration to get messy!

Bonnie
                                     

                                     

11 comments:

toni said...

Wonderful piece Bonnie! I don't even have to look at the name to recognise your distinctive style. Love the collaged image with that phrase . Great work ! X

Julia Aston said...

Love the bright red Bonnie, all the textures and shapes and wonderful image - not to mention the overall design!

Rea' said...

What a fun piece! Love the many textures and the character is too cute !!

Steph Ackerman said...

Oh, this is lovely. The colors and shapes make this project so much fun.

ParkNSlide said...

I'm lovin' the color palette, the polka dot paper and the anthropomorphic rabbit.

Broni said...

Love the colors and the "mad" theme, Bonnie! Awesome!

Micki said...

OMG, THIS needs to be a print, I'd so have a huge one on my wall at work, lol. I absolutely love the contrast of the red with the black/white. And love how you utilize the collage image. xo

Juliz Design Post said...

This is fabulous Bonnie, lots of lovely bright shades and interesting depths of texture.
Julie x

Sue Lelli said...

Bonnie, I agree - I KNEW this was YOU the minute I saw it! LOVE the collage and the colors and alll of your textures! So FAB!

mamablitger said...

Bonnie this is gorgeous. LOVE the rabbit !! And all the other stuff. Polka dots, vibrant colors, lots of texture .... Just a true piece of art !
Thank you for sharing !!!
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Andiepants said...

I adore the Alice reference. Great color and gorgeous graphics here. {{hugs}} Andiepants