Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 7, 2014

this makes me happy

Hi Everyone!  It's Sue L. here today to show you a 6x6 canvas I made using TH Distress Paints and
Inka Gold.  I have named it:


This sentiment is from Tim Holtz Life Remnant Rub Ons.  It just sums up how I felt when the canvas was done!

To make the sun and the rays, I first applied Wendy Vecchi embossing paste through a Viva Decor stencil, turning it to look like the sun.  The embossed image  so much texture and interest to the canvas!

In this photo, I angled the frame and washed light over it so you could see the shine the Inka Gold added!  That was my last step and I applied it with a tiny paintbrush to get in the fine lines.  I think it adds the warmth of sunshine to the canvas!  I also have a vivid imagination!

Process Photos:
Here you can see the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste pattern left by the stencil.  You can also see how I applied green and yellow and white TH Distress Paints along the bottom, turned the canvas upside down, and spritzed it with a Inkssentials Mister bottle until the paints marbled how I liked them.  You can also see how I started adding paint splats with more TH Distress Paints to make flowers.

I used the same technique for the sky base.

The water sprayed on it did the trick, and I kept adding more colors and paint until the color looked right to me.  Then I painted the sun bigger and splattered and splatted different colors of TH Distress paints until I was happy.  And in case you forgot, here is the end result:
I hope you like it and are inspired to try something new to you like I did!


10 comments:

toni said...

Yes Sue this makes me happy too! Love your sunny creation reminds me of a field of poppies on a summers day, perfect start to a Monday morning xx

Loretta said...

This is a great piece. Stunning.

Kim said...

This makes me giddy, Sue! Amazing creation!

Nancy said...

This is fabulous Sue! You are such an upbeat and happy person so this feels as if it screams you! So Sunshiny! Nice work!

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE seeing the process here Sue, this is AMAZING!!!

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Looks awesome Sue!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - this is super Sue! love the stenciled sun and the wonderful red splatter of blooms!

Steph Ackerman said...

This is lovely.

Unknown said...

I love this Sue and the distress colors with the gold on your stenciled sun look amazing!!! It makes me happy too. xx

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I lOVE this!