Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Luckily Ever After!

Good Morning EPeeps!!  St. Patrick's Day is coming up and I wanted to share with you a little canvas I made of a lucky four leaf clover!!  This is a super fun little project - you could make one for a friend or just for yourself!!  You just need a small canvas, blue paint, white spray and some fun paper!!


I started off with another background idea in mind.  I just couldn't get it to look right ... but we know that even when we are stuck to just keep going.  You never know what the end will turn out to be!!
So, I re-started with the background of blue and white paint. ( If you want to recreate this canvas, I would start here!!)

To lighten up the blue, I used Dylusions White Linen spray.  I used one of my favorite stencils, The Crafter's Warehouse Peacock Doily, to create the shapes in the background. 


Then I took out my fun washi tape collection and created a border around the edge!


Using an old heart shaped paper punch and some scrap paper, I punched out 4 hearts for the leaves.  Then I grabbed my new favorite Authentique Aboard paper to make the planter!  I used gel medium to glue them down. I was careful not to smear it around because the Dylustions spray will reactivate and move around with the gel medium!


Doodles, rub-ons, and highlights finish off the canvas!

I hope you enjoyed my project and have a wonderfully lucky day today!! Be sure to stop by the ePaperie to see all the new fun products that are coming in - I can't wait to get my hands on a few new items ...
-Karen

PS - I also can't wait to see what you all create for this month's ePlay Challenge . . . did you find a book to alter yet???? Have any questions?  Feel free to ask me!!
http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.ca/2014/03/eplay-challenge-alter-book.html

5 comments:

toni said...

Fabulous canvas! Love the blue and white stenciled background and brave of you to start again, sometimes you just have to go for it. Love the finished results x

Redanne said...

The four leaf clover is such fun and I really love the beautiful stenciled background. The washi tape makes a great frame too.

Sue Lelli said...

Karen, I just LOVE this canvas! Your washi tape border is FAB and so is the sentiment with the clover made of hearts! PERFECT for St Pat's Day!

Tracy said...

Karen I looooove it, I am a huuuge fan of your work!!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
Xxx

mamablitger said...

You made a fantastic canvas. And LOVE your background. This stencil and white spray made it so impressive. Great idea using hearts for the flower and tape for the frame. Wow !!
Thank you for sharing !!!
Hugs from SPAIN