Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Book of Spells in a Box

Hi there!  It's Erin here with you today to show you some Steampunk Spells fun!  I created a neat little Halloween box for you!


I created a "Book of Spells" to go inside the box.

Below is a front view of the box.  (I apologize for the picture quality.  It's 1 in the morning!)


















Here's the inside of the box, also decorated!















Below are each page in the Book of Spells.














I love creating little surprises throughout this book!





























Ok, so how did I create this?  I took a Graphic45 box, and sponged all the edges w/ Memento Black ink.  I then took several pieces of paper from the Steampunk Spells stack, cut, sponged the edges with Black Memento ink, and covered the box inside and out.  To create the outside of the box, I simply cut out images from the stack and adhered them to the top and front of the box.  I added embellishments from my stash to complete the details.


To create the Book of Spells, I cut out different rectangles found within the Steampunk Spells pack, and inked the edges.  I cut out black cardstock to put between each rectangle and to make each page sturdy.  I added hinges and twine to finish the book and bind it.

Product Links!
Steampunk Spells 8" x 8" paper pack 
Memento Black Ink Pad 
Charcoal Twine 
Matchbook Box 8" x 8" (I did actually use a smaller matchbook box)

Have a wonderful day!!!
Erin
 

9 comments:

Carol McCready said...

Great project.

JulesinParadise said...

What a fun box!

Sue Lelli said...

Not only is your box Amazing but your book of spells is a Masterpiece! LOVE it!

Rea' said...

Cool idea ... those paper are so fun, I thought of doing something like a mini with those!

Kimberly S said...

Super cute idea, and love the paper you chose for it. :)

Krissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
toni said...

Fabulous project ! Perfect for those gorgeous papers x

Tracy said...

Woohoo Erin...beautiful work..spooktacular!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Micki said...

This is awesome.... looks super involved. I love all the details. How fun to have this on the table for Halloween.