Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Secret Garden Washi Tape Holder

Hi everyone!  It's Erin here today with a quick little project that was Pinterest inspired!  Somewhere along the line, I came across a wax paper holder as a storage idea for washi tape.  It has those sharp teeth which are perfect for tape of any kind!  Well, I dumped my new roll of wax paper out and set it w/ my other Ziplock supplies, and took the empty container to my stamp room!  I placed my washi tape collection, some of it, in the box, but found that it was very boring and basic!  I knew I had to alter it, but I didn't have the time.  Well, today's the day!

Here's what I started with!

My box full of washi tape!










I pulled out my Secret Garden Paper Packs (I have the 8" x 8" pad) and decided to make it 3-D.  I LOVE making things 3-D with paper!  And I love that with Graphic 45 paper, you can do that!  I fussy cut several pages to create the background.  For the front of the box, I took a piece of paper from Swagger (6" x 6" pack) and that became my dirt.  I took the one piece of paper from Secret Garden that looks like stamps of roses, lily of the valley, daisy, and violet; and turned them into little garden signs.  I used toothpicks for the sticks in the ground.




























I hope that I have inspired you to look at things in new and different ways!  And if you have tons of washi tape like I have, then you DEFINITELY need to alter a box!  Get your Secret Garden Fix HERE!

Have a great day!
Erin

18 comments:

toni said...

Brilliant project Erin! the way you have used that lovely paper is perfect it looks a million dollars , beautiful and useful what could be better? X

Maryanne said...

This is just a brilliant idea, both the box used for washi tape and decorating it!! Fabulous!

Kim said...

Wow, Erin, what an amazing project! The Graphic 45 paper is just perfect for this type of decorating...Love it!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Erin, this is amazing. I love the idea of storing the washi tape like this and this container is now so beautiful. The 3D effect is very cool. You have created such a lovely scene with your layering and fussy cutting. Kudos!

Colleen said...

Erin,
Your project is one reason why I've become such a fan of Eclectic Paperie. It's useful, beautiful and such an amazing use of products I love.

Donna-Marie said...

This rocks!!!
It is useful and super gorgeous...can't beat that combo :-)

PetraB said...

a brilliant and oh so clever project!

BJR said...

Absolutely precious!!...watching over a "garden" of washi tape! I LOVE it!

mytawnyinspirations said...

Hi Erin. This makeover is just stunning. Love it! Cheers, Di

Unknown said...

That is absolutely beautiful and SO creative!!!

Elly said...

So cute and great recycling idea (:o)

Dolly LaBelle said...

This is gorgeous, even if it didn't serve a storage purpose, I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

This is amazing project. Stunning.

Micki said...

oh wow that is a fabulous idea!!!! And I love how you decorated it. I'm definitely checking out my wax/aluminum boxes......

Donna Gibson said...

Great idea! I'm just about at the end of a roll of plastic wrap. I'll have to put a note on the box so I remember not to throw it out!!

Katy said...

This is so cool! Love how you used the Garden paper! :)

Tracy said...

Wowowowowow stunning Erin!!
Hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Dawn - Decorating Days said...

This is TOO cool! I have to make it! Thank you!