Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Simple Layer Mixed Media Card!

 Good morning!  Sherry here and today it’s my turn to post a project.  The other day while browsing the eclectic Paperie site, I ran across Kim’s video tutorial on Speckled Gesso Resist.  It looked like way too  much fun, and I knew I had to try it!

Of course, I had to add a little twist to the technique, so I decided to use watercolor paper instead of a tag for my project.

FindDelightCard

After applying the gesso in a speckled pattern (as explained in the video), Shaded Lilac, Bundled Sage and Wild Honey Distress Stains were used for the background.  The heart was added using a stencil die cut from chipboard and stippling on Worn Lipstick and Barn Door Distress Ink.

Ink splatters were created with Broken China, Wild Honey and Seedless Preserves Distress Paint.

FindDelightCard CloseUpFlower

Using Studio 490 Stencil for Art – 3 Fresh Flowers, embossing paste was applied to the front of the card.  For the stem a dollop of white embossing paste was mixed with Peeled Paint Distress Ink Refill and once dry Forest Moss Distress Ink was brushed on.  The flower was created by adding Dusty Concord Distress Ink Refill to more white embossing paste and applying it through the stencil.  Once dry, the flower petals were brushed with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and the center was painted with Wild Honey Distress Paint.

Thanks for joining me today!
SHERRY SIGNATURE


Project Supplies:


8 comments:

toni said...

Sherry, I love your layered card the distressing with the gesso is so effective and using the coloured embossing paste is brilliant. I also like the pen work around the edges. This technique works really well on the watercolour paper, great idea x

Alina said...

Wooow! Love it! Thanks for sharing the video also. It's amazing! I definitely have to try it!

Kim said...

Beautiful, Sherry! I love that flower layered over the heart and that gesso...it's the perfect background! :-)

Teresa Jaye said...

gorgeous card Sherry, love all the yummy layers and the colors are so pretty.

Micki said...

yup, love it. I love the added texture the watercolor paper gave the background.

Janet L. said...

Great card, Sherry!!

Sandy said...

This is so purrty!!!
Sandy

Colleen said...

Sherry,
Love the look of this card all the layers are amazing.