Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Blossom & Bloom



One of my favorite ways to spend the day is playing in my art journal. Since there are no rules in art journaling you can follow your whims and just see what happens.  If you don't like it you can always paint or gesso over it and start fresh.  Often times I'll do a little here and a little there over time, and this is one of those spreads.

These pages started out with a layer of gesso and then I moved on to paints and Distress and Archival Inks.  I painted dictionary paper and cut circles from it, edging them with Distress ink before stamping the new flower stamps by Darkroom Door on them.  

I received the new Tim Holtz Mini Filmstrip die from EP last week and I've already used it on three different projects!  I like the way it grounds these pages.  I used my Xyron 900 to adhere them with repositionable adhesive (a good choice because as you see, I decided I wanted to move the large circles partially under instead of over the filmstrip.)



This shot shows the chicken wire stencil a few layers down, which I used with gesso before coloring everything.  I linked all the stencils at the end.


 I repeated that in two other sections, following the rule of thirds.



The frame is also by Darkroom Door and I used some ancient stickers for my title.  That's it for me today.  Thanks for visiting!



15 comments:

Laurart said...

Gorgeous! I adore the vivid colours and the layered effects are just beautiful! Amazing Lots of love from Laura xxxxxxx

Redanne said...

Totally fabulous background Marjie and I love how you have used the DD flower stamps. The new TH filmstrip die makes fabulous edges on your pages - another must have methinks! Hugs, Anne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous pages, great bright colors and texture.

Kim said...

Stencils...how I love stencils and they look amazing on your pages! And that filmstrip die...ohhh...tempting, I love it on the edge of the page! Beautiful!

Claudine said...

Beautiful page Marjie, I love all the layers and stenciling and those stamps are to die for. Love the Tim Holtz film strip on this page, it adds the perfect touch.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Adorable pages, Marjie!

kind regards,Alie :-)

Bonnie Irvine said...

Mmmmmm, lovely layers of goodness. The colours and texture are amazing. Fabulous use of stencils, one of my favourite things to play with. I really like how you featured the stamped images. They look awesome on the orange coloured text paper circles. The film strip die cuts are a cool detail.

Marevan said...

I like it very much. I'm new to this "art" and I', glad to learn from people like you

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors!! Love it Marjie!

Unknown said...

Hello,

I come from Janna's class! Wonderful inspiring art journal spread! your whole blog is very impressive!

best wishes
mono/penny

Words and Pictures said...

Totally stunning pages - just love them!
Alison x

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

I wanna learn how to use those masks like you do! Incredible job!! Now I want them all.

Unknown said...

I love the cone flower stamp... Do you know who makes it?

mamablitger said...

Ohhhh...just love your bright pages ! Wonderful work with all the stencil layers.
It is so very inspiring to see your art-work. Thanks a lot for sharing !!
Hugs from SPAIN

Tracy said...

Stunningly gorrrgeous Marjie!!!
:-) Hugs
Tracy.
Xxx