Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A litte bit of shabby and a whole lot of embellishments!


 Hi everyone! It's Kim T. and I'm up to bat with today's post :) I originally made this card to play along with an embellishment challenge hosted by TSG but thought that since it's absolutely loaded with lovely eP goodies, that it would be perfect to share here as well :D

So let me tell you what I did for this card. I started with some Maya Rd. Felt Pearl Posies and Mini Canvas Butterflies. Because these started out as a creamy colour, it allowed me to attack them with some Ranger Distress Re-inkers to dye them! All I did for the posies was to add a little Ranger Distress Milled Lavender Re-inker and Ranger Distress Tattered Rose Re-inker to about a teaspoon of water and let the posies soak up the mixture for a few minutes! I did the same with some die cut felt leaves with a little Ranger Distress Peeled Paint Re-inker and Bob's your uncle :D I just let them air dry while I assembled the rest of the card and then stuck them on with a little Tombow Multi adhesive.


For the little canvas butterfly, I actually pulled out my Ranger Distress Wild Honey Stain and smooshed some of the colour into it and then ran it under the tap for a second to dilute the colour a little. It was pretty solid and because it's already an intense colour I wanted to just soften it up a little :)



I paired my embellishments up with the My Mind's Eye Fiddlesticks paper pack and distressed it with both Ranger Distress Antique Linen and  Ranger Distress Vintage Photo to have a bit of a shabby look to go with the flowers. I love how this card turned out and I especially adore the handwritten look on Happy Birthday sentiment because it fits right in with shabby delight. I finished the card off with some additional pearl embellishments and some vintage seam binding that matched the Sahara Sand cardstock that I used for the matting :D

Thanks for coming by today!


1 comment:

Micki said...

uhhhh I love it. I have yet to try die cutting felt, am so going to have to give it a try.