Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pretty in Pink!


Hi everyone! It's my turn (Kim Teasdale) to show you my creation for today's post and boy, have I used a lot of wonderful goodies for this one :D When I first sat down to start this card I had the idea in mind to use bright colours because I adore bright, bold colours...but this card had a mind of it's own and voila...a shabby and distressed card instead ;)


I started with The Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Mini Mix and Match Hearts Template and then attacked it with some pink ink as well as some Ranger Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo inks onto My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy paper to shabby it up a bit :) This turned out to be the starting point for my card :)

What goes better with a shabby style then, pearls, buttons, twine and seam binding? Maya Rd Canvas Butterflies and Pearl Trinket Pins of course! I did dress up my canvas butterfly with my Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Shell Pink. It's such a pretty shade and I couldn't resist!

I then finished off my card with a coordinating sentiment stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa, half pearl embellishments and loads of distressed edges. This isn't normally the style of card that I create but once in a while like to step out of my box and try something new :D I hope that you like it and thanks for coming by today! Oh, before I forget, did you notice that Kim put on a sale on Market St. Stamps yesterday? No? Well then, let me tell you a little bit about it :D

Yesterday we released four new Market St. Stamps setsPurchase any regularly priced set and take 25% off of one of the Market Street Stamps background sets, regularly priced at $12.50.  What a great way to grab a combo set for less!  When checking out be sure to enter code MSS0812 to receive your discount.  This sale will run from 8/21/12 through 8/25/12.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: There She Goes - Side by Side
Paper: Gina K, Suede, My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy, K&Co
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Antique Linen and Vintage Photo, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Shell Pink, Maya Rd. Canvas Butterflies, Maya Rd Trinket Pins in Vintage Pearl,The Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Mini Mix and Match Hearts Template , Button, Twine, Seam Binding, Spellbinders Border Die, Cuttlebug, Tombow Multi, Corner Chomper, Sponge Daubers, Distress Tool

3 comments:

Kim said...

Stunning Kim! I love what you did with the stencil...great work!

Broni said...

This is just gorgeous, Kim! I love that flowery heart stencil! Uh oh, just had to add it to my wishlist! The overall warm and vintage-y look is great!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. Great textures.